Monday, August 8, 2011

Part One: DEC 1963 Issue of LOOK Magazine - Advertisements

John John and his dad, President John. F. Kennedy


WOW!  They had a mini-basket in the washer back then?


We were poor growing up, but somehow my single mom was able to muster up and buy a credenza stereo.  We thought it was the way coolest stereo ever.


Photobucket
I'm so impressed that they made portable tv's back then plus this even has a "personal listening jack"


Photobucket
Was this considered a "muscle car"?


Photobucket
I had no idea that Debbie Reynolds had written a book.  Guess I was so amazed about her writing a book that I didn't even notice the comic strip to the right!!?!!


Photobucket
I remember when this was the best dinner ever!!


Photobucket
Do they still make Ken-L Ration anymore?


My mother-in-law (MIL) is not a great saver of old magazines so this is the only one I found in her mounds of books and paperbacks.  Can you blame her for keeping this one?  In this particular issue as some of you may remember (some of you may not), it featured John-John Kennedy with his dad, President John F. Kennedy, in the office with his dad.  Memorable pictures that no one from that time will ever forget.

I will post three features from this magazine, starting with the advertisements.  The 2nd post will feature John-John and his dad and the third post will be about the Sunday Football Madness.

Obviously, with this magazine coming out in December, all the advertisements were geared towards Christmas shoppers.  I did notice that TV's/TV credenzas were the thing to buy for Christmas in December 1963, I was only 5 yrs. old.

No comments: